Hey, friends! It’s been a very long while since I’ve done an award post or been nominated for one, so I was honored to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Jessica Bakkers. Jess has a great blog with a wide variety of content, including her ongoing posts about INFJs, the topic that connected us initially. If you don’t know Jessica, I highly recommend you check out her spot in the blogosphere and say hello. Lots of fun happenings over there! 🙂
For the Liebster Award, the rules are:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
The eleven questions Jessica sent my way are:
What is your favourite childhood memory?
Sitting under the stars with my father and imagining far off worlds.
Do you have pets? If yes, what are they?
One black cat named Raven. She’s a rescue I got as a kitten. She turned a year old the middle of May.
Best way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
Writing! Sunday afternoon is the time I routinely reserve for writing.
Favourite TV show?
I love Once Upon a Time, although I’m a little worried about the shake-ups coming next season. It’s the only hour of television I actually watch as it airs. I’m also a big fan of Gotham, which I DVR. Other than those two shows, I watch very little television.
Do you dance?
Dance you say? I LOVE to dance!! Point me in the direction of music and a dance floor, and all of my INFJ insecurities fall by the wayside.
You’re going to a deserted island. What three things are you going to take?
My husband, my cat and a truckload of books (that last counts as one, right)?
Favourite painter or painting?
My father. He was a classically trained artist who produced work in oils, pastel and charcoal, with oils as his primary medium.
Country or city?
Country all the way. I’m a small town girl.
What food do you seek out when you’re blue?
Chips. Oh, wait—I seek them out even when I’m not blue.
Weirdest word you know.
Macadam. I don’t know that it’s weird, but I’ve had critique partners and editors balk when I use it, stating “most readers won’t know what you’re referencing.” Now I force myself to type “asphalt” instead
Is the ‘u’ in colour necessary or just odd?
It’s the equivalent of fine champagne!
And now eleven facts about me. I’m cheating because these can actually be found on my blog:
- My favorite number is 12
- I adore cats
- I saw a UFO when I was 6 (don’t laugh!)
- I’ve taken two trips in search of the legendary Mothman
- I’m passionate about folklore and cryptozoology
- I like to watch bats soar overhead at twilight
- I like reading about Robert F. Kennedy
- If I could have a superpower, I’d choose the ability to fly
- I have a bizarre fear of bears
- I like exploring old graveyards
- I have a passion for history and old photographs
My eleven questions for those I nominate.
- You’ve been given a working time machine. What era of history would you visit?
- What is your totem animal? (Inspired by a post I recently saw on Jan Sikes’ blog).
- What was the first story you wrote?
- Beach or mountains?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- Name someone from history you find intriguing.
- What is your favorite fairy tale?
- When was the last time you played a game of chess?
- If you could travel to any city or country in the world, where would you go?
- Name your favorite cartoon when you were a kid.
- What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?
Now, I know not everyone likes to do these awards, but I’m going to nominate:
Have a go at it., ladies. There’s no time limit for turn around, and if I you’d like to pass, no worries. I know not everyone has time to do awards or cares to. Just have fun with it if you do. Thanks again to Jess for the nomination. I enjoyed doing this!