I know summer isn’t officially over until the autumnal equinox rolls around mid-September, but by the time the calendar reads August 31, I’m already thinking fall. My husband and I will be closing our pool this coming weekend, Halloween stuff is stocked in most every store I visit, and the days are growing noticeably shorter. I live in the northeast where summer is much, much too short. Blink and it’s easy to miss. I love fall, but I thrive on summer. So…I’m lamenting the demise of my favorite season with an end of summer sale on SOLSTICE ISLAND, my breezy romantic adventure novella. Many thanks to all my friends and fellow bloggers who are helping me spread the word today and tomorrow!
Why should you read SOLSTICE ISLAND (other than the fact it’s like a shot of summer wrapped up inside Kindle pages)? I’m glad you asked. 🙂
The Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Read Solstice Island by Mae Clair:
- You’ll meet a hot charter boat captain trying to live down his family legacy.
- You’ll encounter a spunky heroine cryptozoologist, determined hot captain should embrace said family legacy and all the baggage that goes with it.
- You’ll be able to impress your friends with your stunning new knowledge of cryptozoology.
- You may find yourself struck by the uncontrollable urge to look up blurry images of strange creatures online or go on a cryptid hunt (think Loch Ness, Big Foot, and the Jersey Devil).
- You’ll learn why you should never ignore a craving for mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- The next time your boat is attacked by a rampaging sea monster, you’ll know precisely what to do.
- You’ll be swept up in a tale of romance, adventure, and folklore.
- You’ll uncover buried treasure, thwart a villain, and discover a new use for a boat oar.
- As a 72 page novella, SOLSTICE ISLAND makes a quick end of summer read.
And the number one reason you should read SOLSTICE ISLAND:
- It’s FREE on Amazon August 31 and September 1!
SOLSTICE ISLAND Blurb:
Can an ancient leviathan work magic between a practical man and an idealistic woman?
Rylie Carswell is an amateur cryptozoologist in search of a mythical creature, the Sea Goliath. In order to reach Solstice Island, a location the ancient leviathan is rumored to haunt, she’s forced to hire charter boat captain, Daniel Decatur.
Initially, Daniel wants nothing to do with the trip or the fool woman waving double payment in his face. Convinced she’s yet another loony treasure hunter looking for gold on the remote island, he reluctantly agrees. An embittered neighbor wants to have his charter license yanked, so the extra cash will help him stay afloat.
It doesn’t take long for Daniel to realize Rylie is after the same beast his parents were tracking when they mysteriously vanished ten years earlier. He’s avoided all links to cryptozoology ever since, but the smart and sexy cryptid hunter has him second-guessing his oath and wondering what he’s signed on for.
Warning: A family legacy, glowing plankton and rough waters.
Download SOLSTICE ISLAND Free from:
Add SOLSTICE ISLAND to your Goodreads TBR