The wonderfully prolific Kitt Crescendo recently nominated me for the One Lovely Blogger award. If you’re not familiar with Kitt’s blog theinnerwildkat you need to hop over and start reading pronto. She’s brilliantly creative and always delivers a thought-provoking post. Thanks for the nomination, Kitt!
So how does this particular award work? Well, to start I’m supposed to share seven random tidbits about moi. Yes I realize the anticipation is tantamount to a lunar shuttle launch, but try to restrain yourself while I collect my thoughts. 😉
Ready? Here goes:
- I’ve always been a romantically idealistic dreamer. You never expected that, right? In high school I was known as “the Starchild.”
- I am addicted to most anything related to Sherlock Holmes, especially the BBC series SHERLOCK, and Robert Downey Jr.’s brilliant portrayal of my favorite detective. I’m currently suffering from Benedict Cumberbatch withdrawal.
- I love disaster movies and plague movies. They’re a guilty pleasure. The strange part is I tend to think they fall flat once the disaster happens. I love the spine-tingling string of circumstances and discoveries that lead to the ‘event,’ but not so much the aftermath.
- I was collecting anime and manga before most people knew what it was, and have a pristine collection. Hmmm…must throw some of that stuff on eBay.
- I am in love with Aloysius Pendergast. My world will come to a screeching grinding halt on December 11, 2012, when Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child release the next book in their series. Time must/will stand still until I can devour it.
- I love warm windy days and stormy skies, especially together.
- As a teen, I volunteered for the Red Cross and held multiple medical certifications.
Now for the Rules of Participation:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Thanks, again, Kitt!
- List seven random things about yourself.
Done! Riveting facts above.
- Nominate fifteen other awesome bloggers.
Wow, fifteen is a lot, but here are my nominees for those of who’d like to participate:
Karen Michelle Nutt
Okay, ladies ~ spill the beans on your blogs. What would you like to share about yourself? 😀
What a cool reference-the star child. You were destined for greatness. 🙂 My youngerst sister was always into anime. The closest I ever came was Hello Kitty & Little Twin Stars. (shameful for someone half Asian, right? LOL). As for Disaster movie I saw…Twister. My next fave is the Dennis Quaid one…The Day After Tomorrow…well, I’m not sure if that counts as a disaster or more apocalyptic. Either way, thanks for playing, my friend. Now I’m off to check out your wonderful blog recommendations. 🙂
I saw Twister and The Day After Tomorrow, among all the others, LOL. Thanks again for tagging me, Kitt. This was a lot of fun. And you gave me a chuckle about not being gonzo over anime (for someone who’s half Asian). I don’t collect it any more but there are a few pieces I’ll never part with. Far too beautiful!
Hey…I did watch Princess Mononoke (?) Granted I was under duress, but I did my part…LOL! I’m glad you had fun! I know I did when I participated.
Mae, you’re the first person I’ve met, virtually or in person, who’s admitted to loving disaster movies. Thought I was the only one. Day After Tomorrow is my current all time fav.
Great to get to know more about you.
So great to meet another disaster movie, junkie! My husband just rolls his eyes at me, LOL I think I’ve seen them all!
Mae! Did you see the new Sherlock Holmes inspired series starting? Called Elementary…check it out.
Of course! 🙂 I’m definitely going to check it out. I’m a little bummed they made Watson a woman (because I think that could muff up the chemistry) but I give anything Sherlockian a try. My DVR will be set!
Well since you nominated me, gonna do it here. It’s just too crazy busy and I need a break.
The Sherlock Holmes films are great, but I’m addicted to Robert Downing Jr. Imperfect character though he may be.
I don’t have any guilty pleasures. They are all legitimate and nothing to be guilty about.
I’m not a natural redhead, and now that I’ve switched hairdressers, the old one moved to hell and gone I have to get my red hair back. Now it’s coppery. I prefer being a red head.
I’ll read anything but do enjoy picking out the typos etc gives me the giggles. Am currently, in addition to everything else, working on something for my weekly bloggy I hope which gives me the giggles as I write. Where does it come from? The stuff that pours out of the key board is amazing.
I’ve given up my volunteer work with the aids committee. No time
Hey, Sue, I agree with you about Robert Downing Jr. in general. Love that man! And you have me very curious about your blog and the giggles, LOL!
Congrats on your award! I love the disaster movies too! The plagues, weather-related, even alien takeovers! Fun post Mae!
Yes! Another plague/disaster movie junkie. So few of us will admit it, LOL. Glad you enjoyed the post, LJ!
“The Towering Inferno” Mae ! How brilliant was that? Paul Newman and Steve Mcqueen 😉
Oh, yeah!! I think that was the first one I saw, Sally. Either that or the (original) Posideon Adventure. Parts of that one still give me nightmares!
I’m not surprised you beat me to the finish line – coming up with 15 made me go through my list a couple times. Congratulations to you for the award and for completing your taskings.
Thanks, Sheri. This was a fun post to do 😉